Hi, my name is Ray!
I am the lead UI/UX designer for academic web applications at the University of California, Irvine, working with a talented and dedicated team to build the best gosh-darn faculty recruitment and course management systems possible!
Learn more about what I work on over on Projects, or read on to learn more!
I use a variety of tools and techniques to ensure the best user experience possible for our clients. This includes:
- Usability testing in the design phase
- Usability testing on production apps to identify problem areas
- Paper prototyping
- Wireframing in Balsamiq
- Interactive prototyping in Axure RP
- Workflow diagrams in OmniGraffle
- Prototyping with jQuery & HTML
As our UI lead, I am ensure that our applications look and feel as nice as possible, creating a friendly, non-intimidating environment in which to work. To accomplish this, I use several tools:
- High fidelity prototyping and designs in OmniGraffle
- Direct manipulation of code using CSS, SCSS/SASS/LESS, HTML, PHP, and Ruby on Rails
- Asset creation in Adobe Photoshop