Hi, my name is Ray!
I'm a user experience designer in Orange County, CA. I spend my days designing for the University of California, Irvine, working with a talented and dedicated team on our rather awesome faculty recruitment and course management systems!
Learn more about what I work on over on Projects, check out my UX/UI blog (with exciting posts about the work I do for UCI), or read on to learn more! I'm also working on a design for a side project, Roll for Initiative.
I use a variety of tools and techniques to ensure the best user experience possible for our clients,. This includes:
- Paper prototyping
- Usability testing in the design phase
- Usability testing on production apps to identify problem areas
- Low-fi wireframing (Balsamiq)
- Diagrams and mockups (OmniGraffle)
- Interactive prototyping (Axure RP)
- Prototyping with HTML
As our UI lead, I am ensure that our applications look and feel as nice as possible, creating a friendly, non-intimidating environment in which to work, while also being highly usable. To accomplish this, I use several tools:
- High fidelity prototyping and designs in OmniGraffle
- Direct manipulation of code using CSS/SCSS/LESS, HTML, PHP, and Ruby on Rails
- Asset creation in Adobe Photoshop